1. What is W+A doing in this project?
On behalf of Swisscom, we are constructing the heart of the entire telecommunications network in Switzerland, i.e. Swisscom's fibreglass backbone network, with WDM technology.
Our tasks include installation work as well as commissioning and integrating the WDM network elements.
2. What is the approach to or course of action for tackling such an assignment?
It is a typical roll-out project with a plan that is largely specified by the client. We provide the necessary resources and materials precisely when they are needed to ensure installation work is completed on schedule.
3. How big is the project?
The SONATE project began in 2009 and will run at least until 2017.
Its volume comprises around 2,000 locations.
4. What characterises W+A in this project?
High quality combined with large supply quantities and flexibility
5. Impact on the daily life of Joe Public?
A virtually trouble-free and very reliable communication network from Swisscom
6. A look ahead to the future …
Contractual negotiations with client Huawei will determine the course beyond the year 2017 ...