1. What is W+A doing in this project?
This project will see the addition of new LTE network elements and, where indicated, GSM/UMTS elements to the existing site. It is an exceptional case in which all network elements will be realised in a newly constructed site.
2. What is the approach to or course of action for tackling such an assignment?
- From design to commissioning.
- Draw up a planning proposal.
- Building site inspection (BSI) for planning purposes.
- Draw up a draft drawing and the BSI report.
- On approval by the client: development of execution plans (EP) and material requests.
- On approval of the EP: draw up quotes for construction.
- Additional materials and, where indicated, the steel and a crane/lifting platform are ordered after receipt of the building's specifications.
- The site is scheduled for construction when the client provides the technical equipment.
- Development of weekly plans for the construction team.
- Draw up the documentation and, after the client's acceptance inspection, remedy defects
- Billing after approval by the customer.
3. How big is the project?
From 2012 to date:
Network elements: 583
4. Special assignments?
Elimination of existing defects such as addressing issues relevant to work safety, BGVA3.
5. What characterises W+A in this project?
Flexibility with the construction schedule, good and consistent construction team, low number of construction defects.
6. Impact on the daily life of Joe Public?
Retrofitting LTE technology results in improved network quality for end consumers. The extension work has improved data speed rates.
7. A look ahead to the future …
The number of LTE extensions is to be double the amount of the previous year by the end of Vodafone's business year 2015 (03/2016)