A team from Josef Muff AG (JMAG) is involved in the renewal and extension of the hydropower plant at Gurtnellen, which is nearly 120 years old. In this interview, chief fitter Klaus Hertling provides some insights into the thrilling but challenging work on this project.
- The teams commute to work by cable car and foot
- Transport of 12-metre-long pipes via an assembly cableway
- Installation of 12-metre-long pipes with diameters between 600 and 900 mm in pre-excavated trenches
- Align, connect and weld pipes
- Pipes are insulated after the welds have been inspected